Our first Edmonton data centre, Edmonton_DC1, which opened in 2008, received a significant expansion in 2013.
A second data centre, Edmonton_DC2, offering up over 40,000 square feet of raised floor opened in 2012 and is in the process of pursuing Uptime Institute’s Tier III certification for design and construction. Edmonton_DC2 provides solid-walled suite environments satisfying the most stringent requirements for security and privacy.
These two world-class data centres in Edmonton, Alberta feature diverse connections to Telco fibre rings, advanced security and fire suppression systems, uninterrupted power supplies (UPS), and a high-capacity backup diesel generator.
Specific Features of the Edmonton_DC1 include:
- Ant-static 30" raised floors, leveled by laser for accuracy
- Two-stage authentication process, including iris scanner & security access card
- Shared business resumption space (Edmonton_DC2)
- Unique shared and private suites with solid wall construction (Edmonton_DC2)
- Unmarked data centre locations with single secure entrances for customers and staff
- Two-stage authentication process
- Individually locked cabinets / doors
- Networked security cameras (low-light technology) scan and record the interior and exterior of the data centre 24x7
- PCI DSS, ISAE 3402 Type II, SSAE 16 Type II, and CSAE 3416 Type II certifications
- N+1 power redundancy
- Redundant Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) systems
- High-capacity backup diesel generators with fuel for a minimum of 24 hours of operation
Redundant Cooling System
- N+1 cooling redundancy
- Redundant computer-controlled compressors and AC units
- Perforated cabinet doors for temperature control
- FM-200 gas (extinguishes fire without water)
- Two-stage pre-action dry pipe sprinkler system keeps pressurized air in the pipes (the air is only replaced with water when the pipes reach a high temperature and the smoke detection system determines there is an active fire due to smoke)
- Multi diverse carrier and fibre paths
- Fully redundant MPLS network with end-to-end QoS-enabled low-latency and switching architecture, with "five nines" reliability for private WAN service delivery across Canada, and throughout the U.S., via third-party partners
- Multi-homed network, with extensive peering and Tier 1 transit providers
- Choice of 1/4, 1/2, full, or custom server colocation cages or private suites;
- PCI DSS, ISAE 3402 Type II, SSAE 16 Type II, and CSAE 3416 Type II certifications;
- A Vendor Landscape study conducted by Info-Tech Research Group placed Rogers Data Centres in the "Champion" category of the Canadian Co-location/Managed Services market (previously listed as BLACKIRON Data);
- "Remote Hands" assistance — our technicians can reboot your server on request or assist with troubleshooting; and
- Customer Service Portal lets you monitor service performance metrics, manage security for authorized contacts, submit/view trouble ticket requests, manage DNS and optional email services, manage your account.